Sunday 3 November 2013

Diwali Special - Saree with a twist

First of all, wish you a very happy and prosperous DIWALI. May your life be filled with good luck and blessings from the almighty! Have superb festivities ahead!!!!!

I am not into traditional wear much but the biggest festive season of the year i.e. Diwali calls for some indian-ness in our outfits. I especially fret the saree all year round, though I've worn this six yards piece of cloth a couple of times in life (that's it!).
So, thought of wearing it, but obviously with a twist. I picked this saree in royal blue and since its already a jazzy color, no need to glam it up! Festivals in India are all about glam-ing it up with gold. I love this deep tone of blue which is a huge trend for much time now, and let me also confess that more than half of my wardrobe is BLUE right now!!! The saree is plain with no print at all. So let's add an innovative touch. Draped it in Mumtaz style and replaced the regular blouse with a lace shrug in black to complement the entire look. A brooch in golden of Lord Ganesha. Mom had this one and what better occasion to flaunt it. 


Yes!! It's a similar saree that Deepika Padukone wore in the movie 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' *_*








Kaleidoscopic nails 


I also got my hair colored recently! How do you like the new look?

Items in style:

Saree
Lace shrug (Earlier seen here)
Golden Ganesha Brooch
Earrings
Bracelet
Cocktail Ring
Heels


Inspiration:


So, have I carried off the outfit in attitude? Please drop in your comments below! :)

Finally, always keep loving and worshiping fashion..

Cheers
Vishakha




2 comments: