Thursday 22 August 2013

DIY [Do It Yourself]

Hey,

I wanted to do something out of the old clothes that I hardly use anymore. Also, I've seen designers using their mother's trash sarees to recycle it and create something new and useful out of it. Inspired from that, I put on my creative hat and thought of converting my red tube top into another customized tube top. I made this just before I started writing this blog. 

All you require:
  • A tube top 
  • Mom's old saree
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine

STEP 1 : 

Take a tube top and an old saree. I chose this saree because of the interesting print (I'm fond of geometric prints lately)









































STEP 2 :

Take a scissors and cut-out as much fabric as you require to cover the tube top completely plus a little more (in case something goes wrong while stitching)



STEP 3 :

Stitch the cloth on the top using a machine or get the job done by a tailor ( Latter in my case)



And what you get is an all new printed tube top. Amazing!


Use it as a skirt instead. I have worn it as a skirt. Looked fab and i loved it. Happy with my creation.



Would you try something like this?
Do let me know if I inspire you ever. I'll be glad to know.

Your comments are always welcome.
You can also tweet or share the posts you like in the section below.

Cheers,
Vishakha




No comments:

Post a Comment